Happy first Friday of the new year!
- 2011 is the Year of the Rabbit, and Betsy Farquhar has whipped up an amazing (and free!) hat pattern celebrating the new year in Chinese astrology.
- These adorable Mörkö mittens are too cute for words, and FREE to boot. They remind me of a t-shirt that I have.
- Enjoy reading books with a knitting bent? Heights librarian Jo Ann Vicarel has compiled a list of books with knitting themes. Some of them are very recent, following in the trend of knit lit (Friday Night Knit Club, How to Knit a Love Song, the Maggie Sefton kniting mysteries) while others are more traditional literature which have mention of knitting (Virginia Woolf’s Jacob’s Room, for instance). This is a great starting point of reference list for the literary knitter in your life (or yourself!).
- The brilliant Allyson at Sweatshop of Love (yeah, I might have a little knitter’s crush on her) is now posting video tutorials of various knitting techniques. First up is the one that every beginning knitter needs to know: slip knots. Try not to pass out from the cuteness. Or the education!
- My friend Maria of Subway Knits has started a podcast! I’ve been having technical difficulties and haven’t yet been able to listen (sorry Maria, I tried again last night and it wouldn’t work on my phone; I’m working on it), but if you give it a listen, let me (and Maria) know what you think!