Remember when I talked about finding measurements and doing math to figure out how many stitches and rows you’ll need? Well, everything in there was right, but I left out a kind of important point.
Namely, that I should have been using my pre-blocking gauge to determine my cast-on numbers. So, yeah, knowing how things will turn out is awesome, except that now they’re not going to turn out quite right. My pre-blocking gauge was 12 stitches and 17.5 rows to 2″, opposed to 11.5 stitches and 19 rows, post-blocking. This won’t affect my stitch count much at all—it’s a difference of one stitch over 4″, or about 11 stitches over 44″. That will translate to about 2″ of positive ease, which really isn’t a big deal.
It did create a small hang up when I was determining how to space out the decrease rows for the yoke, but one that was “fixed.” How well it was fixed will be determined in a future edition.
I’m a little miffed at my idiocy and a lot braindead due to work, so that’s all I have to say about that for this moment. But I did bind off for the front neckline before I ran out of already-wound yarn, so hopefully there will be something exciting… sometime.