This has been a loooooonnnnggggg week. I’m contemplating treating myself to an “early” viewing of Hunger Games—I’m going with friends on Sunday, but that means three days of avoiding the internet because people keep talking about the movie, and even though I’ve read the books, I don’t want to be spoiled for the movie. All in all though, I’m just happy it’s Friday.
- Gillie Parson’s Lila Shawl (free) is a gorgeous crescent shawl with a simple lace repeat at one edge.
- Paravel ($5) by Megan Goodacre is a lovely hat with a cleverly shaped crown. Bonus points for the literary reference!
- Simple and stripey, Amy Castillo’s Technologic Shawl (free for a limited time) is an easy shawl to knit in a couple (or more) contrasting colors.
- I’m all about the slightly nerdy stuff today! Zhora Design’s Out of Gas shawl (free) is inspired by the Firefly episode of the same name.
- Yet another shawl! Laura Aylor’s Fabergé ($6) also features contrast colors, with a simple smocking design on the body of the shawl.
- And because this is the year of the babies, I have to share with you this adorable baby cardigan by Connie Chang Chinchio, Olivia Petit $5.