Two posts, one Friday, what is the world coming to?!
I think I forgot to mention it here on the blog, but remember the Amy Christoffers Knitalong as part of the Sweater Odyssey group on Ravelry? We’re doing another designer knitalong, this time featuring Veera Välimäki’s designs! Official cast-on date is May 1, and it runs through July 1, so feel free to join in if you’re interested! Me, I’m contemplating knitting her Folded cardigan, but I need to see if the yarn I have in mind and in my stash will work. SWATCHING, HO!
Apparently I have shawls on my mind this week.
- First up on this last Friday of April, Memoria ($4) by Deborah Frank is a lovely triangular shawlette with a columnar lace pattern flowing into a simple edging.
- Corinne Ouillon’s Violettes et Muscaris Printemps (free) is a large lace shawl. I am in love with the way the center stitches flow out and gently undulate to the edge. So beautiful.
- Yet another shawl for this week, Spring King (€2) by beerentoene is a different take on the crescent shawl, with the lace portion only taking up the middle “wedge,” if you will. Plus, this yellow color is so cheerful.
- Megan Goodacre’s Paravel Wrap ($5) is a luscious rectangular stole with a classic lace pattern along one edge. Bonus points for the name “Paravel.”
- Another large shawl pattern, Rue ($6) by Bristol Ivy is knit in Quince and Co’s Sparrow and features a stitch pattern that looks a breeze to knit.
- And finally, Hannah Cuviello’s Phoenxi Shawl ($3) is wonderful in two colors (as shown here), but be sure to look at the version in the single yarn as well–looks fantastic in two semi-solids and variegated yarns.
Photo from Abundant Yarn
All photos are from Ravelry pattern pages unless otherwise noted.Advertisements