As I said earlier, I’m planning to knit 12 pairs of socks in 2011; one pair of socks for each month of the year. However, I don’t know if I can actually commit myself to narrowing down my rather extensive queue to only 12 patterns. Somehow, choosing 18 patterns that I want to knit sooner rather than later seems more manageable. (I was originally going to go with 16 patterns, but then I received Around the World in Knitted Socks as a gift from my friend Catherine, and I couldn’t cut two, so we’re going with 18.)
It’s just the way my brain works, I guess. I mean, my Ravelry queue has EIGHT PAGES of socks. Getting this list down to 18 “must-knit” sock patterns is pretty impressive.
These are in no particular order, except the order in which I listed them. Come Jan 1 (maybe Dec 31, who knows), I’ll run a random number generator and let it decide which socks will be the first of my 2011 sock-knitting adventure.
05. Twinkleberry in Crystal Palace Panda Silk, Black
10. Clover in Spud & Chloë Fine, Anemone
11. Interlocking Leaves in Cascade Heritage, pink
12. Mermaidia in Wollemeise Sockenwoll 80/20, Amazonas
13. Catnip in Fresh from the Cauldron Silver Sock, Lemon Cookies
14. Epiphany No. 7 in Sheared Bliss Fingering, pink
16. Bob and Weave in Fresh from the Cauldron SW Sock, Pride and Prejudice
17. Brussels Lace in Dyed in the Wool Handmade Fingering Sock Mediumweight, Daisy
So this, at least, is the plan for next year. We’ll see what happens!